Jobstreet: Hiring slowing down

20th November, 2012
KUALA LUMPUR: The hiring climate is expected to remain cautious in the fourth quarter of 2012 on concern of a slowdown in the country’s economy, says recruitment company, JobStreet.com.

In its Job Outlook Report released yesterday, the recruitment company said hiring activities have remained cautious in the fourth quarter.

A total of 341 JobStreet.com clients, managers and senior managers across various industries in Malaysia participated in a survey conducted by the agency in October.

In a statement yesterday, JobStreet.com said despite the positive economic outlook that was expected to expand further in the second half of 2012, a majority of respondents still felt that the state of the country’s economy was already slowing down.

“Only 10 per cent felt confident that the national economy is picking up.”

Respondents from major industries such as manufacturing, business services, finance and banking reported that they would most likely experience the lowest job growth in the next one year, said JobStreet.com.

“About 55 per cent of the respondents said they will be either hiring less people or will not be conducting any hiring exercise while the remaining 45 per cent said that they are either expanding or maintaining their hiring rate in the next 12 months,” it added.

For the fourth quarter, only 28 per cent of the companies surveyed said they will require more than 10 new hires, while most of the companies were only looking for minimal staff.

For most industries, jobseekers with skills in sales/marketing and business development were the most sought after, followed by those with expertise in engineering, computer and information technology (software), accounting and administration.

In comparison with last quarter, four new specialisations have entered the top 10 list namely mechanical and electrical engineering, human resources and education, training and development.

Source: New SabahTimes

Posted by: www.in-tune.biz

In Tune specialises in finance and accounting outsourcing, human resource (HR) outsourcing to SME business owners in Malaysia; that traditionally cannot afford professional services which they now can at a fraction of the cost less the headache; so that they have more time to focus on the business operations that matters to them.

Why hire an executive when you can now get at least one qualified professional with an executive at less than an executive pay?

Tags: , , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave your comment